Comply Guru is committed to collecting, processing, storing and destroying all information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), data protection law and any other associated legal, accreditation, or regulatory body rules or codes of conduct that apply to our business and / or the information we process and store.
This privacy notice outlines the policy of Comply Guru concerning the Personal Information (as defined below) it collects and processes. This notice explains how Comply Guru collects, uses and shares your personal data. It also explains your rights in relation to the personal data we hold.
Any questions regarding this privacy notice and our privacy policies and practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do we collect personal information?
Comply Guru processes personal information for purposes associated with the administration of
- a client company / Comply Guru relationship or
- learner / Comply Guru relationship
in order to fulfil contractual and educational obligations.
The purposes for which personal information is collected and processed by Comply Guru include:
- To administer your studies, record academic achievements and determine/record your overall award outcome
- To support you in your training experience with Comply Guru i.e. we may use information you have given us (e.g. disability) and information we collect about your engagement with services
- To monitor and evaluate the Learner experience
- To fulfil consultancy and audit engagements, e. we generally collect only the personal information necessary to fulfil your request
- To carry out audits (internal and external)
- To administer the financial aspects for your registration as a Learner (e.g. payment of fees, debt collection)
- To enable effective communication with you
- To administer appeals, complaints, grievances, disciplinary matters, and matters relating to conduct and cheating / plagiarism
- To produce reports and aggregated statistics for management and statutory purposes in order to plan and improve services
- To administer voluntary surveys of Learner opinion about your experience and the performance of the organization
- To confirm the details of your academic achievements, and for statistical and historical purposes, a core record of your studies is retained indefinitely
- To enable our continued contact with you after you complete your program (e.g. survey of graduates etc.)
- To respond to requests for information made under the Data Protection legislation
- Recruitment, selection and employment matters (for staff)
Comply Guru holds personal data in order to implement and manage services & processes relating to your learner recruitment, admission, registration, teaching & learning, examinations, and other support services. Without this information, Comply Guru would not be able to provide its services. Comply Guru only obtains & processes information required for these purposes. Comply Guru shares information internally for operational reasons only as is necessary & proportionate for the purposes intended.
The lawful basis’ by which Comply Guru processes personal information are as follows:
- processing is necessary for the delivery of eLearning & online training to which the information subject is party or in order to deal with requests for course information prior to booking onto a course or signing up to a training subscription (legitimate basis)
- the information subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal information for one or more specific purposes (this is the case for further course or career information and updates from Comply Guru)
- processing is necessary for compliance with legal/regulatory obligations to which Comply Guru is subject (in the case of accredited programs: IACET, CQI/IRCA or Exemplar Global)
How do we collect personal information?
Comply Guru collects personal information in a number of ways:
- Directly from you – such as information you provide when
- you enquire about a service
- you complete registration forms (online or hard copy applications)
- you supply supplementary information such as evidence of past education
- you communicate with Comply Guru by telephone, email or via our website to make enquiries or raise concerns and in various other ways as you interact with Comply Guru
- you submit assessments by post or via our secure LMS
- you register to receive newsletters or course information specific to you
- you provide course feedback via an online form or hardcopy form
- From third parties– such as from employers or State funded programs who may be registering Learners on a training course
What type of information is collected from you and processed by Comply Guru?
Personal information is sought for Learners attending training courses or for those wishing to receive communications from Comply Guru (email addresses only). For the purpose of registering on a course, personal information we collect is dependent on the training course and may include the following:
- Full Name
- Mobile No.
- Email Address
- Relevant educational information
- Relevant employment information
- Health information (this is only required to provide evidence for assessment extension requests and to support applications for Learners with specific learning difficulties)
- Whether or not English is your first language
- Engagement with IT system such as our LMS
- Credit card details (processed in real time but not stored with Comply Guru)
- Disciplinary information
- Assessment scripts and results
You have the following rights, subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your data:
- The right to be informed about the data processing Comply Guru carries out on your personal data
- The right to request access to your personal data held by Comply Guru – to have a copy of the personal data that we hold about you
- The right to rectification – to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified
- The right to erasure of personal data where there is no legitimate reason for the organization to continue to process your personal data
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data – you have the right to block the processing of your personal data in specific situations
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that the organization provides some elements of your information (e.g. academic progress records) in a commonly used machine-readable format in order to provide it to other organizations
- The right to object – you can object to the processing of your personal data by the organization in certain circumstances, including the sending & receipt of correspondence relating to upcoming courses etc.
- The right to object to automated decision making & profiling. Comply Guru does not currently make decisions affecting Learners by automatic means without human intervention.
How long do Comply Guru retain personal information?
Comply Guru are committed to the principle of lifelong learning and we recognize that our learners may need our support into the future. We retain basic learner data indefinitely should learners require proof of education for the purposes of employment or further education at some date in the future.
Individuals can request to be removed from our records by contacting email@example.com
While basic data is retained, other data such as feedback forms, assessments, booking forms etc. are deleted. A retention schedule is maintained.
Who has access to your information?
Comply Guru may disclose your personal information to other organizations or third parties in connection with the above purposes, including:
- Funding bodies and agencies that support or sponsor training – to enable you to participate on a training course
- Training Partners – to enable Comply Guru to provide you with the services under the terms of our contract with you
- Awarding bodies and External Examiners – to comply with our statutory obligations
- Third party service providers such as IT Service Providers, Web hosting company, Email Marketing Automation provider, Archive Shredding company etc. – to help us run our business effectively and to store data, for IT security and service issues and for our legitimate business purposes
- Employers – certificates of attendance and grades are provided to employers who have funded the training
- Potential employers/recruitment companies for verification of qualifications
- Credit card payment provider
This is not an exhaustive list and any other disclosures to third parties not listed here are made only where there is legitimate reason to do so and in accordance with the law.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive information regarding training and career advice you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the enquiry form, course booking form, etc.
We will not contact you with such information unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your communication preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How you can access, update and erase your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that Comply Guru hold about you. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us via email to email@example.com
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Review of this Policy
We may modify this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we may notify you by contacting you through our services or by posting a notice on our website – or by some combination of these methods. In circumstances where you have not provided us with your contact information, we encourage you to periodically review the Website for the latest information on our privacy practices.