Online ISO 13485:2016 Lead Auditor Theory Training
This fully online training course is ideal for anyone that wants to gain the knowledge required to perform first, second and third-party audits of QMS against ISO 13485:2016, in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 and ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015
Did you know? This course forms part 1 of 2 of our blended ISO 13485:2016 Lead Auditor training course which compromises of this online course plus a classroom-based 2.5-day skills-based training session. The major benefit to this approach is that it offers each Learner the flexibility to learn at their own pace and reduce the overall time spent in a classroom!
If you are interested in this course, we recommend having a look at our free online ISO 13485:2016 introduction course. Check it out today!
- 16 Hours
Some Companies that have used Comply Guru™
Module 0 - Course Introduction
In this module, an introduction to the course will be provided. This includes important information regarding the course content & learning objectives, duration, assessment methodology & how to successfully complete the course.
Module 1 - Introduction to Quality Management Systems (QMS)
In this module we will explore the purpose and benefits of a QMS, Structure of ISO 13485:2016, key terminology related to auditing, Plan-Do-Check Act (PDCA) Cycle, application of risk-based thinking, process approach & controls and the significance of these for the QMS auditor.
Module 2 - Introduction to Auditing
In this module we will explore the different types of audits including MD-SAP, benefits of accreditation, principles of auditing, audit program management and the audit lifecycle.
Module 3 - Planning the Audit
In this module we will explore the criteria for selection of the audit team, roles and responsibilities throughout the audit, desired auditor behaviors, determining audit scope, objectives and criteria.
Module 4 - Audit Initiation and Preparation
In this module we will explore the activities associated with the first two phases of the audit lifecycle. Topics to be covered will include, establishing contact with the auditee, audit feasibility, document review and finally preparation of a risk-based audit plan and development of the audit checklists.
Module 5 - Conducting the Audit
In this module we will explore the activities associated with the first third phases of the audit lifecycle. Topics to be covered will include, opening meeting, communication, auditee reactions and conflict resolution, audit methods and audit evidence.
Module 6 - Generating Audit Findings and Closing Meeting
In this module we will explore the final audit team meeting, the steps required to generate and document the audit findings and the process for determining the audit conclusion. We will also review the purpose and agenda for the closing meeting.
Module 7 - Audit Reporting, Completion and Follow-Up
In this module we will explore the final three phases of the audit lifecycle including coverage of the audit report, steps required to complete the audit and requirements for following-up on the audit.
This course is fully certified by Comply Guru™.
In order to successfully complete the course, each Learner will need to obtain a grade of 70% or higher in the final examination. Successful completion will entitle each Learner to receive a certificate of achievement.
- Complete the online course modules and obtain 70% or higher in the final assessments (2 Online MCQ-based Assessments)
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) Cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 13485 and the commonly used quality management terms and definitions
- Knowledge of the requirements is a key pre-requisite in attending this course as without a good understanding, the course & final examination may be very challenging.
Fluency in spoken and written English
- For participants whose first language is not English, we recommend a minimum English language competency of IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) for successful completion of the program. This is not assessed by Comply Guru in advance & each participant must self-assess their competency.
Printed Copy of ISO 13485:2016
- Each participant should have a printed copy of the standard to reference while completing this course. This is not provided by Comply Guru.
E-Learning System RequirementsThe below are the recommended requirements for each Learner in wishing to complete any of our online training courses or modules. In our experience, Workplace IT environments’ internal configurations and available software can vary (new or old), and there may be various limitations or other restrictions in place, and as such, the functionality of any Learning Management System (LMS) may be impacted, restricted and may not perform well.
Recommended Operating SystemsWindows 7/10, Mac OSX Sierra, iPad IOS10
Mobile DevicesComply Guru’s LMS is not available on a mobile app at this time. We recommend using a web browser on a mobile device in completing any online modules. However, if completing any final graded assessment, we recommend completing via a desktop browser.
Internet SpeedWe recommend using an internet connection of 256Kbit/sec or faster that will ensure that you can view videos and the online content
Recommended Internet Browsers
- Google Chrome 32 bit version 50 or later
- Safari 10 or later
Recommended SettingsWe recommend that the following settings are enabled:
- Pop-ups (in both Internet Browser and security software)
- Latest Version of Adobe Flash Player
- Latest Version of Adobe Acrobat Reader